I’d been so looking forward to heading down to Melbourne again today to catch some Sheffield Shield action (VICvsNSW) but the weather forecast was so dire – 95% chance of 5-10mm rain – that I managed to talk myself out of it, thinking there wouldn’t be much play.
Bugger, bugger, bugger!
One full session played already without interruption – and a great one at that with Rogers and Quiney both on fire – and here I am sitting at home (where it is raining, adding to my misery :() regretting not giving it a chance. Already it would have been worth the two hours travel each way …
To add insult to injury – I can’t even console myself today with watching England vs Australia A on the telly because – you guessed it – rain in Hobart too!!
I am starting to appreciate the world I’ve got myself into – one where the rain is the greatest enemy, and trying to predict it and make plans accordingly can have great consequences for the cricket tragic.
It’s a delicate balancing act of considering the options – particularly if you live in a regional area as I do and the action you’re looking to catch is in a main city some distance away.
Do I go on the off-chance that my virtue and patience in being prepared to sit watching an empty ground get wet could be rewarded with some fantastic play if the rain doesn’t arrive as forecast? Is it better to give it a try and be content with reading a good book while there’s no play, than to regret not being there when something great happens?
Speaking of which – just checked in, they’re back in action after lunch and Rogers has just hit a six. Bugger!